Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Social Networking

I had a chance to look at two social networking sites geared to book lovers: Goodreads and LibraryThing. Goodreads is smaller and has about over 5,000 people. LibraryThing has over 400,000 people. I could see providing links to these sites on our web page. Patrons could fine reviews of books by other readers, post their own reviews of books, keep track of the books they have read, and share with other readers. They could also connect with authors. I plan on adding links to these resources on to our website. I joined Goodreads and LibraryThing. I haven't had a chance to add all the books I have read yet to Goodreads, only what I am currently reading! I haven't had a chance to add anything to LibraryThing yet. Too many books, too little time this week!

No comments: