Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Classifieds

I never knew Craigslist existed, and I was quite impressed with the types of things I could find, Halloween costumes, gowns, wedding gowns, leather jackets, apartments around the rate I am paying now. I looked at the Western Mass. version, the Hartford version, and the Northwest Connecticut version, as these are the areas I live or work. I decided to compare it with Masslive's classifieds, which is really The Springfield Republican's classifieds. I was very disappointed. I couldn't find wedding gowns, and they only had a handful of clothing for sale. (I am very much into buying used clothing)! Craigslist had more rentals $600 and under in Western Mass than Masslive. Both confirmed though that I am getting a deal where I am! $500 in a house converted into 4 apartments, includes heat, hot water, and electricity, and cats! I liked Craigslist, however I don't like all of their listings. In fact in Connecticut, prositutes were using Craigslist to sell their services, and the police buste them for it. I'm torn about putting a link to it on our website. What would you all do? By the way, I have finished Thing 5. I have to wait for TripAdvisor to publish my review. Once that is done, I will post it in my blog.

1 comment:

Chris Nims said...

I love your blog. It looks so nice AND your writing is really interesting. I grew up in West Springfield so when I saw someone from Agawam on the list, I was really excited.
Anyway, personally I wouldn't put a link to Craigslist on the computers as I think most people know about it. Maybe you could have some kind of announcement or reminder about it on your library's website. Or just have your reference librarian tell people about it. I can see doing it too, but that's my gut reaction. JCN