Wednesday, October 1, 2008

TripAdvisor Review

I decided to choose to review a travel destination, as I was away on vacation in Vermont a couple of weeks ago. I chose TripAdvisor. You have to become a member to leave a review. I like that they encourage you not to leave your real name. I looked up the motel we stayed at and was surprised by the negative reviews. We had a good experience. I liked writing the review, but found it more difficult answering their survey questions such as if it was good for young singles, older adults, etc. I realize I made a mistake, in saying they had a pool scene. They had tennis courts but not a pool. I cannot edit my review. I have to e-mail them and they will remove my review, and I have to write it over again. I do not like this feature. I also did not like that when I was through, they took me to a place that let me add all the places I have visited on a map. They listed 10 cities at a time, and there was no rhyme or reason or order to the listing of the cities. I had to read each one, and there must have been hundreds all over the globe. I think they could have a drop down menu for all U. S. cities, and all cities for specific countries. It is interesting looking at all the reviews favorable and unfavorable on this site. Here is my review of the Swiss Inn. It may disappear as I e-mailed them that I needed to make a change about the pool scene. If they remove it, I will have to write it over again, and my link will not work. I am going to Maine on Friday, so my new link may not be available until Monday.

No comments: