Saturday, October 11, 2008

Calendars and To Do Lists

I actually I was happy that I subscribed to phree4all's blog. She's like me. She doesn't like lists and calendars. I don't either. I don't keep a paper calendar at home. I try to make up to do lists, and they end up being obsolete. I don't know why I have this adversion. However, if you saw the calendar I made for assignment, you wouldn't believe that all. I disliked using the google calendar. I found it locked up on me, and did not find it user friendly. I did not like that it automatically assumed an event took one hour, when maybe I just wanted the list the time to get up, or leave for work, etc. Well, my whole month of October and November 1 are very organized for now. I doubt I will ever use it again. I have to look at the to do list tools, and will write a separate post on those. By the way, my TripAdvisor review has now been removed at my request, so I will have to post a new review. The link on my blog is dead. I do not have access to the Internet at home, since my computer died, and will not be in until 1:05 on Tuesday, 14. So, I should have a couple of new posts then.

2 comments:

Chris Nims said...

Joanne - I really love the comments you make. I've learned a tremendous amount from your reviews and appreciate the time you obviously put into them. My blg was shut down for 6 days due to Google thinking that my blog was spam. It's finally back up today, but my links to you and some of our other "classmates" have disappeared, and I don't remember how I made the link in the first place. With my computer, Jennifer's early tasks don't come up so I hope I can figure it out on my own. Anyway, I love your blog so thank you ! cnims2011@gmail.com.

Joanne Szelag, Reference Librarian said...

Chris,

You are my cheerleader for this course! I often wonder if what I'm typing makes any sense at all. Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciated your advice on Craigs List. It confirmed my gut reaction. I loved your experiment with Craigs List, although I am sorry they ended up shutting down your blog. If you need help, email me. I think all you need to do is to add 26.2 things to your reader, and you will get everything she has posted. joannegentry1@gmail.com