Saturday, October 11, 2008

Feed Me, Feed Me

I had already subscribed to four of the blogs of my fellow students, so the challenge for me was to find a library or news blog that was of interest to me, and not too overwhelming. That was difficult! I kept unsubscribing to them because there were so many posts. I finally subsribed to LibraryThing as it has interesting information on new books, and reviews of books. I can go through these to find books for my book club. However, I am still overwhelmed by the number of posts. I think I need to make up a cut off date, and ignore all posts before that, and I should mark them as read. I don't think I'll subscribe to anymore feeds except possibly LJ's reference reviews, and a book blog from LJ. P.S. LibraryThing is on Bloglines, but I was able to successfuly export to my google reader. That required reading the help screens, which actually worked!

1 comment:

Jennifer Koerber said...

One of the things I've found remarkable about many of the social web tools is that the Help functions actually answer your question. Whatever I can't figure out just by playing with the buttons, I am usually able to find via Help. Such a change (and relief) for someone used to Microsoft's completely helpless Help.