Monday, October 27, 2008

Right in Your Own Backyard

This assignment was trickier for me. I could not find a Halloween listing in Agawam, (where I work), or the surrounding area through American Towns, or Wicked Local (does not cover Western Mass.) I even tried looking up my home town Granby, CT in American Towns, and at first could not find a Halloween listing near by. The closest was Bristol, an hour away. However, I decided to look up Simsbury, CT the next down over from me and came up with the Story of the Pettibone Ghost (haunts a restaurant in Simsbury) listed in general events, not in the Halloween listings. In the spirit of Halloween, I thought it was neat that I could find places to buy pumpkins in Agawam and in Granby, CT. I was amazed to find on the Agawam site that our library events are listed! I guess they get them from Eventkeeper!

No comments: