Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To Do Lists and Feeds

Well, I subscribed to Toodledo and Todoist, (even though I am not a list person). I am much more impressed with Toodledo as I can import my tasks into my google calendar, (suprise the help screens worked!). I liked the easy way I could set due dates for tasks in the near or distant future. I found it very user friendly. I was not impressed by Todoist. I can keep such a list on paper (if I think of it). I probably will not use the Calendar or Toodledo, as I am more comfortable using paper (if I think of it ) to keep track of such things.

By the way, I forgot to mention in our talk about RSS Feeds that our library's website has feeds(http://www.agawamlibrary.org/) has a feed. We have a program called Eventkeeper that we use to list all our programs, exhibits, and holiday closings. If an event is listed with the keyword general, it is sent to the General Events Feed on the home page. If an event is listed with the keyword children's it is sent to the Children's Programs Page. If an event is listed with the editor's note as exhibit, it goes to the exhibits page. If an event is listed with the editor's note as teen it goes to the Teen's Programs Page (none listed right now).

Now, I just have to rewrite my review of the Swiss Inn and I will be caught up, and ready for the next two things!

No comments: