Monday, October 27, 2008

Horror LibraryThing

I did some searching on LibraryThing to find some scary reads. I found I had to use the tag "horror" to pull up adult books. "Scary" pulled up a lot of children's books. I tried to find some reads besides the standard authors like Stephen King, Lovecraft, Anne Rice, etc. Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill looked interesting. An aging rock-star, Jude Coyne, buys online a suit haunted by a ghost. One horror author who reviewed the book describes it as a spine-tinglinger, and the average rating from reviewers is 3.83/5.00 stars. I also found a classic horror story: The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson. Eleanor Vance goes to ghost watch at a haunted house in New England. This is a classic haunted house story with a psychological twist. The average rating from reviewers is 4.11 stars out of 5.00.

No comments: